Chocolat and Noisette’s uncle is also here to look out for you and make sure your holiday in Font-Romeu goes well.
The mountains are beautiful and enticing but they can quickly become hostile and dangerous!!!
Before you go skiing or out into the mountains,
1. You must respect the following “rules”:
- Consult snow conditions and weather forecast because conditions can change very quickly in the mountains.
- Eat a good breakfast and take a snack with you.
- The sunshine and snow glare are very strong in the mountains so make sure you apply a high-factor sun cream regularly.
- Drink often to keep well-hydrated.
- Do not stay out in the cold for too long.
- Do not stray off marked paths or ski off-piste.
- Do not feed animals you come across as it may upset their natural cycle.
- Keep your dog on a lead when you are out in the mountains so that it does not disturb or chase wild animals.
2. You must be well-equipped for the snow:
- Warm boots and clothes, gloves, hat, ski suit, sunglasses, ski socks, tissues, approved HELMET obligatory for children and highly recommended for adults (for sale in Font-Romeu’s sports shops)
- Choose good quality ski gear that is suited to your level.
THE 8 COMMANDMENTS OF THE PERFECT SKIER
- 1/ I shall not put anybody in danger
- 2/ I shall adjust my speed and conduct according to my abilities, the situation and the weather
- 3/ I shall control my direction
- 4/ I shall overtake allowing room for the person I am overtaking to change direction
- 5/ I shall not stop on a run unless necessary
- 6/ I shall respect all signs
- 7/ I shall be of assistance in the case of an accident
- 8/ At the end of my holiday, I shall leave lift passes in the appropriate recycling bins provided at ticket offices
GREEN ACTION TO PROTECT NATURE!
To ensure Font-Romeu remains an ideal holiday destination, please help us to protect the environment!
To travel around the resort, use the free skibus (or estibus) and gondola
Before going out skiing, turn the heating down. If you are cold, put an extra jumper on rather than overheating your accommodation. In the evening, close the curtains and shutters to keep heat in.
In the mountains, water levels are at their lowest during the winter. Please do not waste water!
For everyone’s sake, keep noise down after 10pm.
NEVER leave your litter outdoors and remember to sort it for recycling. There are special recycling bins all over Font-Romeu!